Please do the following:
- take reasonable and available steps aimed at reducing the potential losses;
- inform us or our representative as soon as possible orally and then in writing;
- inform competent authorities about the accident as soon as possible;
- follow the instructions and recommendations given by our company or our representatives;
- provide our company's representative with the damaged or undamaged cargo or remaining part thereof in the condition it was after the insured event.
When contacting our company please provide all available documents in connection with the insured event, including the following:
- an application regarding payout of insurance benefits with an indication of the amount of incurred damage (in free form);
- the insurance policy;
- a document confirming the value of the relevant cargo;
as well as all other documents depending on the type of cargo transportation:
- in case of transportation by rail:
а) in case of cargo loss:
cargo receipt or a copy of the waybill (in case of domestic railway transportation) or pages 1 and 5 of the waybill (in case of international railway transportation) with the confirmation of the non-arrival of the cargo by an employee of the terminal, and where it is impossible to present a cargo receipt - a document proving payment of the value of the cargo and a certificate issued by railways regarding dispatch of the cargo with the confirmation of the non-arrival of the cargo by an employee of the terminal.
b) in case of missing quantities of cargo or damage to cargo:
the waybill (in case of domestic railway transportation), pages 1 and 5 of the waybill (in case of international railway transportation), a commercial deed issued by the railways of the station of destination or an emergency certificate (expert assessment deed);
c) in case of transportation using own hauling stock:
- in case of missing quantities of cargo or damage to cargo: a commercial deed (expert assessment deed);
- in case of loss of cargo: a railway receipt with the confirmation of the non-arrival of the cargo by an employee of the terminal;
- in case of transportation by road:
а) the waybill;
b) a deed of non-compliance of transportation or a deed of acceptance of consumer goods (industrial/technical products) by quantity and quality or an expert assessment deed;
c) the resolution of the bodies of internal affairs (police) in case of theft;
d) a certificate issued by road police with a conclusion of the degree of guilt of the driver in the accident;
- in case of transportation by sea/air transport:
а) bills of lading, charter lots;
b) marine protest, extracts from the logbook;
c) statement notice, general statement;
d) other official deeds with an indication of the reasons for the insured event as well as other documents executed in accordance with the rules of the said authorities.
In case of disappearance of the vessel or another means of transportation authentic evidence of the time of leaving by the means of transportation of the point of departure and non-arrival to the point of destination within the time period set for proclaiming it as disappeared is provided.